4.5" Diameter, 1" Thickness
The SpeedPuck combines a high-accuracy GPS speedometer, compass and bar graph wind shift indicator in a compact, durable package. It is designed to be mounted on a dinghy or handheld when hiking on a sportboat. The SpeedPuck improves your sailing by allowing you to quantify the effects of boat trim, sail trim, wind shifts and current. No more second guessing yourself!
The SpeedPuck is designed for long-term reliability in a saltwater marine environment. The SpeedPuck's caseback screws on and off like the lid of a leak-proof water bottle to reveal the battery compartment. In addition to this, the battery compartment is completely sealed off from the rest of the device's electronics, providing a second layer of protection against moisture.
Do you hate reading manuals? The SpeedPuck is specifically designed so that almost anyone can figure out how it works in a few minutes without having to read anything.
Main Display Modes of the SpeedPuck:
- Speedometer: Displays speed, updated at 2Hz.
- Compass: Displays heading / course over ground, updated at 2Hz.
- Maximum Speed: Displays maximum speed attained since the device was turned on.
- Bar Graph Lift / Header Indicator:
- Automatically locks on to your tack angle
- Bar graph shows lifts and headers in three degree increments
- Automatically resets when you tack or jibe
The SpeedPuck comes with a lanyard to hang around your neck for "at hand" information. However, if you'd like to mount the SpeedPuck to a flat surface, use Dual Lock material (sold separately). Dual Lock works like super aggressive Velcro; two pieces may be necessary to guarantee a complete hold.